[thelist] Learning .NET

Julian Voelcker asp at tvw.net
Tue Jan 14 11:00:01 CST 2003

Hi,

> Hi, any suggestions (online docs, books, courses) on learning .NET ?
>
> I have some ASP background

I moved from ASP to ASP.Net over a year ago and have never looked back.

Personally I went for C# and had the benefit of using VS.Net from the
outset so dived in to code behinds etc.

If you go the VB.Net route, your best bet is 'ASP.Net Unleashed' - it
is generally considered to be the 'bible'.

As some others have said - one of the key things to learn is the object
orientated side of things.

I would also try to get your mits on VS.Net so that you can fully take
advantage of using code behinds, user controls and server controls, etc
- you can do so much more than if you are just adding script to the
page with things like the 'ASP.Net Web Matrix' editor.