[thelist] Mediating Client Disputes

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jan 14 11:06:01 CST 2003

You say the relationship with this client is very important and the
amount of money involved is small and you're not sure where the blame
lies ... the last thing you want to do is arrange mediation ... are you
stoned or something? Rather:

a. apologize for any misunderstanding
b. tell  them because you value their business and want them to be
happy with your work so you'll address their issues at no extra cost
c. find out exactly what changes they want/problems they need fixed and
to it immediately

Also sounds like you need to work under clearer agreements in the
future.

And if their answer to c. end up to be something clearly out of the
scope of your original agreement, this client sucks and you should tell
them to pay you or you'll see them in court.

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 09:50 AM, jt wrote:
> a recurring
> client who claims the work was not to par and "screwed up", [...] he
> refuses to pay our bill [...]
> I honestly cannot say whether or not our firm is guilty or innocent
> [...] The value of this monetarily is not really that much, [...] our
> relationship with this client is valuable

Erik Mattheis
(612) 377 2772
<http://goZz.com/>