[thelist] ADO: editing disconnected recordsets

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Tue Jan 14 21:34:02 CST 2003

Hey all,

Just a quick question about ADO; hopefully someone more knowledgeable than
I can answer it.

Is there any way to edit a disconnected recordset (one with no active
connection)? I am well aware that any changes I make can not be flushed
back to the database, but I would like to remove some rows from it
anyway -- as a convenience, not as a way of changing the underlying
data.

Failing that, I will just have to create a new recordset, add in my fields,
open it, and copy data across (leaving out the rows I don't want),
which is workable (if painful).

Thanks,

Paul.