[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite and TopStyle

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 01:32:01 CST 2003

> I would completely switch over to TopStyle 3 if it included
> the ability to
> right click on a tag and click edit to quickly change tag
> attributes. I
> think that is the feature I use the most in HomeSite, being
> able to quickly
> change an image, href or div properties.
>
> Tom

So what's wrong with the tag inspector?  click in the tag and there are
all the attributes and events laid out in a side panel for you to edit
with ease.

you also get:

<quote>When the inspector is categorized by setting an active definition
(html4.01 or xhtml1.0 etc, the tag inspector will group attributes into
the following categories:

Required Attributes (if any)
(Standard) Attributes
Deprecated Attributes
Events
</quote>

In other words, you get to see right there which attributes will
validate.

I think the tag inspector more than makes up for the right click tag
editing of Homesite?

HTH

Tony