[thelist] Stealth pop-up from Network Solutions (long)

seb potter seb at members.evolt.org
Wed Jan 15 07:49:01 CST 2003

> I recently passed through the network solutions (verisign)web site and
> was astonished that in spite of rejecting all cookies they managed to
> insinuate a stealth pop-up onto my machine off-screen

<snipped standard cookie and popunder code />

I'm not quite sure I understand your question.

Rejecting cookies has nothing to do with blocking popups. Check your
cookies folder, if you've set cookies to be always rejected and verisign
have still managed to set one, then I would be worried.

There is, however, nothing you can do to block popups in IE without the
use of 3rd party software.

- seb

seb potter - seb at poked.org
http://poked.org - It's what you value.