[thelist] How can I get my domain back?

Roger L. Waggener waggener at vss.fsi.com
Wed Jan 15 09:02:02 CST 2003

> Anyway, as I've said Tucows/Opensrs are normally fairly bright about these
> things, so you should be able to get them to help.

Yes, I was stunned to not only actually get a reply from them, but in
less
than ONE hour!

And here is a bit of information that might come in handy to anyone with
domain registration difficulties in the future:

OpenSRS DOES allow the transfer of expired domain names- well, from one
OpenSRS reseller service provider to another, anyway.

The email they sent in reply to the description of my situation said
that
I could renew with any reseller service provider I chose. Well, I chose
one
and told them what OpenSRS had said. They verified it by phone with
OpenSRS
and transferred the domain name with no problem.

Now I just have to wait for it to propagate.

Thanks for all replies.