[thelist] PHP question

Rob Whitener rwhitener at DesignOptions.com
Wed Jan 15 12:27:00 CST 2003

You might look at how the paragraphs are formated and if there is any kind
of delimeter after each paragraph.  If there isn't then decide on one.  Then
You could use split(), which (just like perl) breaks text up based on some
kind of delimiter (commas in csv file, etc.) I think split returns an array,
just access the first index of the array.

Hope this helps,

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Genic [mailto:g3nic at lycos.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 1:24 PM
To: Thelist
Subject: [thelist] PHP question

I need help with a project, what I need to do is to show the first paragrph
of a news story, say there is a 5 paragraphs is there way to only get it
down to the short version with php? or is it better just to copy and paste
the first para into another field in my table and just display that and then
ad a link to the full story, much thanks. A :)

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/