[thelist] Multi-Part Forms

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jan 15 14:08:01 CST 2003

RUST Randal <mailto:RRust at COVANSYS.com> wrote:

> Chris Parker said:
>
> > firstpage.asp?errMyVar1=you+suck+try+again&myVar1=<whatever_th
> > ey_entered
>
> Ah, see I hadn't thought of that.  Attaching the variables to the URL
> in the second page is a good idea, then I don't have to use those
> SESSION variables.  Thanks for the tip.

i see what you're saying! you were concerned with getting the first page
variables all the way to the last page without using the session
variable right? i get it.

you don't have to attach the variables to anything. let the browser do
that. all you need to do is write the previous pages values in hidden
input fields. like so...

(pseudo code)

<form on page 1>
<input type="..." name="myvar1" ...>
<submit>
</form>

<form on page 2>
<input type="..." name="myvar17" ...>
<input type="hidden" name="myvar1" value="<myvar1>">
<submit>
</form>

is that what you were thinking? i wasn't totally sure so i just thought
i'd write it out.

chris.