[thelist] Stealth pop-up from Network Solutions (long)

evolt at zamba.com evolt at zamba.com
Wed Jan 15 17:45:01 CST 2003

thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org wrote:
>> There is, however, nothing you can do to block popups in
>> IE without the use of 3rd party software.
>
> Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org

<SNIP>

Thanks, this is far superior to using the Norton popup killer, which is
insufficiently flexible for me. In my case, Proxomitron is very
educative as well!

However, the use of stealth pop-ups such as this to gather info
off-screen is something that should be deprecated and put in the same
must-be-dealt-with basket as spam, IMHO.

Tony