[thelist] opinions please: links & are they a good thing?

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 16 09:15:01 CST 2003

Ben Henick wrote:
> Meanwhile... I have long since come to the conclusion that what helps
> search engine rankings (at least on Google) above and beyond all other
> techniques is thoughtful TITLE authoring.

And good urls, too. Google will use words in urls for determining
relevancy too, so all those news sites with
/story/23923932,3456345,24323.html ...

Titles are the most important, though, I'd agree. Google loves my site,
and I have a swag of #1 and top 10 placements, mostly because of my titles.
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/