[thelist] Browserola

Fri Jan 17 04:51:00 CST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:06:24 -0500, Koutoulas, Pete
<PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us> wrote:

> I wonder if it is simply too much of a technical challenge to faithfully
> simulate all the browser quirks? What do you all think about this? Or am
> I missing something obvious? (Wouldn't be the first time!)

I think the only realistic way to do this from one piece of software would
be to embed the various browsers in your software, much like TopStyle 3
incorporates side-by-side IE and Mozilla previews. However, Opera cannot be
embedded on the Windows platform at present, so that puts paid to that
plan. Could work on the Mac though, in theory, as I believe the latest
version of Opera Mac is embeddable.

I find the best way on Windows is to have IE, Mozilla and Opera buttons on
my Quick Launch bar  :-)

--
Olly
http://planetgnarly.com/