[thelist] Dreamweaver rollovers

Daniel Fascia danfascia at totalise.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 07:40:01 CST 2003

As frequent flyers amongst you will know I am not a fan of MM Dreamweaver but
recently I read an interesting article about its value as a prototyping tool
and decided to revisit the old chestnut.

http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/html_wireframes_and_prototypes_all_gain_and_no_pain.php

I have to agree with the article that DWMX in design mode is a cracking
prototype pad having previously used pen and paper.

I also decided I really like the behaviours section of DW as it is convenient
as anything for doing mundane things like rollovers and form validations (even
if it means your code has those little MM_ functions in it ;-( )

I was wondering how robust the macromedia functions are in the real world??
are they good crossbrowser JS etc?? any javascript gurus like to shed a little
light perhaps... <cue .jeff :-)>

Also, if they are bad then is it possible to hack DW to change the code it
inserts. I seem to remember Zeldman hacking it to make valid XHTML once

- Daniel Fascia -

18 Gayfield Sq,
Edinburgh,
EH13NX