[thelist] Data Entry to Web Page

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Jan 17 07:50:05 CST 2003

> hiya michele!
>
> >  Anything else I should be looking for?
>
> yes, a content management system

Rudy,

Yeah, that would be ideal .. however .. I'm only working on a few pages of
their entire site.  IMHO the entire thing should be redone .. but unless I'm
hired on as staff, I can do no more than make suggestions.  95% of the site
is static.

How it all came about was that I'm working on a form for one of the groups
whereby the person (web site visitor) will select the job title which they
are applying for online.  I need those titles to create my drop down list
that they can choose from.  Then the idea came that they should store all of
the jobs in the database instead of having them entered manually.

Anyway, there won't be any bold or any headings.  Hence why they have five
memo fields, Job Description, Project Overview, Qualifications,  (and I
forgot the others) .. those titles will be headings and the data they
entered appear under them.

I doubt that .jeff's cms would be in ASP .. if others have recommendations,
I don't mind taking them to the client.  But I anticipate much resistance
from them as they are already very concerned about what happens when I leave
(supposedly at the end of Jan.).

Mich