[thelist] Dreamweaver rollovers

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Jan 17 15:02:01 CST 2003

At 5:46 AM 1/17/3, Daniel Fascia wrote:
>I was wondering how robust the macromedia functions are in the real world??
>are they good crossbrowser JS etc??

Yes. If you've got a browser where the default set don't work, then
dropping a note to the browser maker and the Dreamweaver team would be
great, thanks.

For size, I haven't seen anyone succeed in making scripts which are as
generalized and compact. Some have tried, but usually they leave things out
like cross-frame identification, particular browsers, etc.

> is it possible to hack DW to change the code it inserts.

Sure. You can create customized behaviors pretty easily. There are lots of
options available already.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/