[thelist] Re: iframes

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Sat Jan 18 14:40:01 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 12:10 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> On 1/17/03 1:30 AM, "thelist-request at lists.evolt.org"
> <thelist-request at lists.evolt.org> wrote:
>
>> my first thought for presentation was an iframe. this will go inside
>> a div
>> on a page laid out in css.

I decided that an iframe might do what I want with an RSS feed. While
playing, I wanted to float the iframe to the right of some text to see
what the effect would be. I could not get the text to begin at the top.
It wanted to begin at the baseline of the iframe. I've had this problem
with img before, but have been able to solve it. Not this time.

<iframe align=right . . .>...</iframe>
some text here

I've tried different combination of the above including using <div>
rather than <p>, using no other tags, trying <br clear=none), and using
style=text-align:right. It's probably some simple oversight.

Mark Gillingham
markgill at uwalumni.com
www.loftnet.com/roots/
-