[thelist] Re: PHP and / instead of ?

Rob Schumann roblgs at cscoms.com
Mon Jan 20 20:58:00 CST 2003

19-01-2003: Kelly Hallman wrote:

 > > I have attempted a similar thing before but noticed that an
 > > unpleasant side-effect of this approach is it breaks all
 > > relative references...

And on 20-01-2003: RUST Randal replied

 > I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.  By rewriting the index

I find the same as Kelly... If I use / instead of ? and & with which to
start and separate a query string then my stylesheet doesn't load.

In my case, and I suspect Kelly's too, my stylesheets are linked (or
@imported) using dot relative paths, ie.

./includes/site_styles.css

This leads me to suspect that other dot relative paths within the page
would also fail to expand properly.

Any suggestions?? Root relative might work, but I would prefer to retain
dot relative if possible.

Regards

Rob