[thelist] Win NT and WMF / EPS images

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 21 08:17:01 CST 2003

coming in a bit late...

> From: "fstorr" <fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk>
[...]
> I've got a logo that I need to look good in Word (97) and also be able
> to print.  I've got it in .tif, .eps and .wmf formats.  It looks great
> in the latter two but for some reason won't print on Win NT + Word 97
> (I get nothing but space where the image should be).  The .tif file
> looks blurry on screen but prints well.
[...]

i've never had this problem, and have used .wmf as my default *vector
only* format within word since version 6.0 -- on all platforms...

.eps can be tricky, as it should print fine, unless you have whack
printer settings... in the case of .wmf and .eps, make sure the
software used to create the logo is up to the task... for instance,
all vector, created from Illustrator or Freehand (or CorelDraw,
etc.)....

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers