[thelist] PC IE- integrating frontpage into browser

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Jan 21 13:56:01 CST 2003

Reid Durbin <mailto:r.durbin at larsen.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to use frontpage from within a web browser?  I
> am trying to think of a way to integrate a workflow for an
> intranet.  Right now it is a 2 step process.  First the page
> is created/edited in frontpage. The second step is a web tool
> that uploads and publishes(with timing/version control etc.) the
> document.
>
> Here is what I would invision the ideal situation being.
> Move frontpage within the browser.  When the user is done
> editing in frontpage (and the document is saved onto a remote
> drive through ftp) the user then moves to the web application to
> publish the document.

it seems to me that both situations are a two step process. in both
paragraphs you have...

<paraphrase>
1. edit the document in an editor
2. move to a different app to publish the file
</paraphrase>

what did i miss?

also, i don't believe frontpage can be integrated with IE. i do however
know there are lots of wysiwyg editors for IE out there.

chris.