[thelist] Log analyzer recommendations please

Jeroen Sangers evolt at jeroensangers.com
Wed Jan 22 09:41:01 CST 2003

Koutoulas, Pete <PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us> wrote:
> I need to find a good log analyzer. Anyone care to make a
> recommendation. I would prefer a product that:
>
> - is free or very inexpensive (for a K-12 school district)
> - is easy to use
> - creates HTML reports with nice graphs
> - doesn't have to have a lot of extras. We just need basic site
> stats.

Log analysers are a personal thing, just like operating systems, text
editors and web browsers. We can discuss a long time about which one is
better or worse...

I have seen some nice analysers, but would like to add the log analyser I
always use:

AWStats (awstats.sourceforge.net)

It is free software (GNU GPL) that can be used as a CGI or command line
script. I found it very easy to set up. And of course it has nice
pictures...

Kind regards,

Jeroen Sangers

www.jeroensangers.com