[thelist] What a "Rush!" (continued)

Evgeni Sergeev evgeni_sergeev at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 00:50:01 CST 2003

 >So basically, I want the Cyrillic on an ASP page however that needs to be.
 >Can anyone of you help with this existing weird problem?

I never used ASP before, but I can imagine that while HTML is supposed to be
all in UCS, ASP takes a radically different approach and makes life
difficult.

I didn't have enough time to properly investigate, but I tried to use
character escapes (eg. а stands for one letter) instead of the
characters themselves. So the size increases sevenfold. (hell)

This has a slight chance of helping:
http://newsdf.tripod.com/webforum/rus.html

For anyone, who would like to read more , I found a nice page here:
http://www.uninetnews.com/other_standards/charset.php

  --Evgeni Sergeev