>I didn't have enough time to properly investigate, but I tried to use >character escapes (eg. а stands for one letter) instead of the >characters themselves. So the size increases sevenfold. (hell) I looked at that option too. Fortunately, however you see it, most of our foreign language material is in PDF format. The escapes may be just I have to do for the time being. ..Its a happy medium.. Rob p.s. I tried putting Cyrillic inside Enterprise Manager, no workie. EM wouldn't even accept 1 Unicode char. Something about the length of the cell is too long (it was maxed at varChar (8000), not even text (16) works. I suppose I don't have EM configured right, or some language pack not installed. I'm sure someone will chime in.