[thelist] Formatting cells in Excel from HTML/PHP

Andrew Finger andyjje at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:30:01 CST 2003

Is there a way to format cells in an Excel spreadsheet created through a web
page driven with PHP code?  I've generated the spreadsheet, but I'd like to
format cells for currency and align other cells with the decimal point to
make the spreadsheet pleasing to the eye.  The question may be posed: Are
there hidden formulae for formatting cells?

I've tried using =DOLLAR($num, 2) for currency conversion.  It works, but
when the user attempts to modify the data in the cell, the cell retains a
General format.

Andy