[thelist] MySQL Table fields + PHP

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 16:33:01 CST 2003

Howard this cant be right, its the opposite to what Rudy is saying.  this
doesn't make sense?

SELECT     i.ItemID, i.CategoryID [whatever your field names are],
            c.CategoryName
FROM       Items i, Categories c
WHERE      i.ItemID = '$II'
        AND i.CategoryID = c.CategoryID

I now have this and it isn't producing any errors :)

$result=mysql("$DBName","SELECT Items.ItemSKU, Items.ItemName,
Items.ItemDescription, Items.ItemCost, Items.Category, Items.ShippingCost,
Items.ItemID FROM Items INNER JOIN Category ON Items.Category =
Category.Category WHERE ItemID='$II'");

but it aslo isbn't producing any results.... this isn't the results.

This is going to sound stupid, but I have to ask !  I only need to make one
query to pulll all the records I need and then I just sort it using PHP
right/wrong?  So with one set of records pulled I could have two different
arrays presenting two different record sets right/wrong?

Andrew