[thelist] Links not Linking...

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Jan 27 16:13:00 CST 2003

Doesn't matter, besides its on an secure intranet. The link
computers that show a link, while looking like a link, the cursor does not
transform into a hand, just the arrow remains. Feels like the browser is
stuck in time when it shouldn't be.

Sorry I'm just frustrated. Its kind of like shoes that you've known all your
life to go on your feet. And now they go on your hands.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Ly [mailto:rogerly at bareviking.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 4:07 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: RE: [thelist] Links not Linking...

>I'm dumbfounded here. I've got hyperlinks working on 4 computers and 2
>computers not. This one particular links looks like a link (css
formatting)
>but doesn't link, no hand.... no idea?

You'll probably need to send a URL or something so we can take a look.
I've seen issues on some browsers where overlapping items on a page view
properly, but break links.  For example, if you have an image, and a
text link placed on top of the image, but don't specify a z-index for
the text and image, it becomes unclickable on IE5 for the Mac, despite
the fact that it views properly.

Roger

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/