[thelist] Head Hunters, Staffing Agencis and Job Hunting Tips

David B. kru_tch at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 27 19:00:01 CST 2003

On 27/01/2003 11:31 AM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> Argument's slipping here -- it also doesn't take any brains to cold
> call, either :-)

Not at all - it takes initative. Something I would think you would want your
employees to have. Forget about your personal feelings (as any recruiter
should), and look at what is good for the company.

> Always? The impressions I'd get from a random stranger hitting me
> up about a non-existent job opening are "clueless" and "annoying".

Well, with your attitude, you sure wouldn't be working for "yours truly" very long.

> Whoa! I just realized that describes some of the people I've worked
> with in the past -- they must have been using your system! Maybe it
> *does* work sometimes! :-)

Hassan, I think you need to get outside of the valley, and see the what the rest
of the world does.

--
Cheers,

David Burband