[thelist] SQL Chaos!!

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Jan 28 11:13:58 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martyn Haigh" <martyn.haigh at virgincosmetics.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 11:35 AM

> Joshua,
>
> This is looking good - you are right in thinking that my DateCreated has a
> date and time portion.  I was thinking that I could somehow group by
> dateCreated using dateFormat and just separating the contents that way.
> Does this sound plausible?

Yes, that is indeed one approach to the issue.  Depending on your database,
there may be slightly different rules governing exactly how this can be done
in practice.

One thing that you may consider doing is creating a view on the table with
the DateCreated view that only returns the formatted date portion and the ID
field.  Then, use the view in the join instead of [table2].  That may help
simplify the query.

GL,
-joshua