[thelist] (FRAMES) Sending parameters to the QueryString of a child

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Tue Jan 28 13:01:23 CST 2003

hi Tab,

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 10:13, Tab Alleman wrote:
> Suppose I want to create a link to a frameset, (say, Default.html) and
> one of the child frames contains an ASP script (say, Child1.asp) to
> which I want to send parameters (say, foo=bar) via the QueryString.
> Can it be done?  Cause <a href="default.html?foo=bar">Doesn't do it</a>.

The only way I could see this working is if your frameset file itself is
an ASP script, and it checks for QueryString data and attaches the
querystring to the appropriate frame src attribute in its HTML output.
No guarantees, I've never tried it, but seems like that would be the way
you'd have to go.

hth,
Carl