[thelist] OT: Online street maps of Australia

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Tue Jan 28 17:23:37 CST 2003

Craig wrote:
> Hi, sorry for the OT question:
>
> Is there a website that displays street maps of Australia, particularly
> Victoria?  I know of www.whereis.com.au but I would like something a
little
> more higher resolution, and if possible, can be downloaded or linked for
free
> (or a small amount of money)?

Let's drag it back OT by pointing out that there's a great site where
you can get maps of not just Australia, but bloody near everywhere.

If that ain't relevant for web development, I don't know what is...

Anyway, it's www.maporama.com. Very cool; goes to an incredible level of
detail, even in podunk Victorian country towns like where I'm from.

Don't know their linking/purchase policy, but check them out anyway.

Paul