[thelist] RE: Putting registered trademarks in a template design (update)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jan 29 13:17:02 CST 2003

Bob Boisvert <mailto:webdad at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Just thought I would update you on the trademark issue with the
> template site. Below is an email from Marvel and what they had to say.
>
> Dear Bob,
> Thanks for sending the link.  Images of our characters are definitely
> not public domain material and therefore definitely require a license
> for use. We will definitely take action against this infringement.

i definitely think you should have definitely contacted the people who
created those templates before contacting marvel. it would definitely be
good to give them a chance to respond before being contacted by marvel.
after that by all means you could definitely contact marvel if you still
felt the need to. what if the template people didn't realize they were
doing something that was definitely infringing on copyrights?

then again, maybe you already did that. what did the template people
have to say?

definitely,
chris.