[thelist] php include

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Wed Jan 29 20:00:00 CST 2003

where is "$includesDir" set? There is no reference to any code before
this file that would set that variable. The error message is simply
telling you "I can't find the file at the reference you gave me"
perhaps alter the script so instead of having:

include($includesDir . 'fileHead.inc');

you have

include("includes/filehead.inc"); (or whatever the folder / location of
your include file is)

(eg hard code it in and see if it loads, if so then set your
"$includeDir" var to the folder value you have hardcoded)
Remember, includes are processed *relative to the file that calls them*,
so if I want to include a file a directory above the file calling it, I
have to code:
include("../includes/file.php");

does that help?

--