[thelist] PDF pooping out

Cory Preus cory_preus at cnt.com
Thu Jan 30 10:09:02 CST 2003

Andrew Clover wrote:

> I *think* (I don't do much with PDF myself so I haven't tested this) it
may
> be to do with a lack of Content-Length header in the HTTP response;
apparently
> some versions of the PDF plug-in don't like dealing with files whose
length
> isn't known in advance.

After Googling the last few weeks, this seems like the most plausible
explanation. This PDF opens fine on my machine Win2k, IE6. My boss has the
same config, and the PDF errors out.

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.cnt.com/services/managed/network_management.asp The PDF is the
one in the right column labeled "Network Management Service".

and directly to the PDF

http://www.cnt.com/literature/documents/PL540.pdf

s t e f wrote:

> And can you tell us if it worked, for our information?

I most certainly will let everyone know when I figure out what causes the
behavior. From what I find, there are somewhat regular hiccups when it comes
to this.

I viewed the HTTP headers [http://www.rexswain.com/httpview.html] and it
does seem to give a content length.

I'm stumped.