[thelist] European websites: inter-country design differences?

Francois Jordaan francois.jordaan at wheel.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 10:12:01 CST 2003

Hoping people could help me with a bit of research -- pointers to articles
would be great, but anecdotal would be better than nothing.

I'm trying to find out whether there are significant design differences (and
design preferences amongst web users) between websites of different European
countries.

For example -- do the English have a greater liking for Flash than the
Germans? Do the Swiss prefer minimal grid-based designs and the Italians put
more emphasis on copywriting?

On the other hand, if anyone believes very strongly that there are no
significant differences whatsoever, then I'd like to know, too.

Grateful for any opinions!

francois