[thelist] Menu Highlighting

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Jan 31 19:07:00 CST 2003

Michele Foster <mailto:michele at wordpro.on.ca> wrote:

> Hi Folks ..

[snip]

i don't understand. you want to know how to make something like this?

<b>Home</b> Sales Products
-------------------------------
Home_1 Home_2

::

Home <b>Sales</b> Products
-------------------------------
Sales_1 Sales_2 Sales_3 Sales_4

is that what you mean? like where you click a tab and that tab becomes
highlighted and the submenu changes?

i believe this is the case, but i am unsure of specifically what you are
trying to do. i don't understand the three page thing.

YOU:
I guess I could create the address.asp file three times ..
c_address.asp,
v_address.asp, a_address.asp .. and use that for the menu highlighting
..
but that seems rather inefficient as it's the same address file.

ME:
a better alternative would be to make three pages that include a single
address source page. here is a quick example...

c_address.asp:

<...>
This is the "C" Page!
<!--#include file="address_source.asp"-->

v_address.asp:

<...>
This is the "V" Page!
<!--#include file="address_source.asp"-->

a_address.asp:

<...>
This is the "A" Page!
<!--#include file="address_source.asp"-->

OOOORRRR....

you could send along a variable with each click...

then have the addresses.asp page Request("type") and spit out your
content based on that.

let me know if i've misunderstood you.

chris.