[thelist] NN4 + CSS = browser going crazy, reloading, wierd characters etc.

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Sun Feb 2 23:10:02 CST 2003

I'm toying with a NN4 stylesheet for my existing site and
the style sheet was coming along quite well for my "home" page,
until I tried loading another page on the site and the browser
starting going nuts. The page which works fine on NN4:

http://one.com.pk/aleem/

The page which goes nuts (actually any other link will go nuts):
http://one.com.pk/aleem/portfolio/

By nuts, I mean the page is redirected to:
http://one.com.pk/aleem/portfolio/nn4.css

and is constantly refreshing every 1-2 seconds and all the
while, it displays some gibberish without any style.

Even if I make the stylesheet blank I get the same behaviour
so I am assuming it has nothing to do with the stylesheet
but something with the way I am calling it, but then I don't
see why the "home" page is immune to the problem. I am hoping
there's some easy fix for this.

thanks,
aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]