[thelist] server.transfer

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Feb 3 08:53:06 CST 2003

Ok .. I'm trying to be a good lil' programmer .. and used server.transfer
instead of response.redirect .. (see the caveat in Matty's article
http://evolt.org/article/Forms/17/10199/index.html .. at the bottom).

Well, what's happening is .. it's including my header twice .. and the url
doesn't change from login.asp to welcome.asp .. which is where I want them
to go.

Is this the expected result and I'm misunderstanding what server.transfer is
used for .. and I'd be better off just using response.redirect to
welcome.asp page as that's where I want them to go.

Testing env. = win2K/PWS.

TIA,

Mich
(*the confused one*)