[thelist] fusebox in ASP

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Mon Feb 3 09:53:01 CST 2003

> Heh, I see people are beating down your door to talk about ASP
> FuseBox. :)

Heh, yep.  I wasn't receiving emails from the list Friday afternoon, so I just chalked it up to that.

> There is/was an ASP version of Fusebox out there somewhere, I saw it
> a while back, but I can't remember where.

fusebox.org has a good port over to ASP at:
http://www.fusebox.org/index.cfm?&fuseaction=aspframework.default
But it does use session and application variables.  You said this was bad for performance, can you elaborate?  I'm still a newbie to ASP, so I was not aware of that.

> Because of that I sat down and wrote my own framework that built on
> the Fusebox idea in spirit, but is definitely ASP-centric. It's
> conceptually similar, but different enough to not even be referred to
> as Fusebox.

Can you give me some pointers in the right direction?  Maybe alert me to pitfalls?  I'm in a crunch time wise, so any help is mucho mucho appreciated.

Thanks Dave,
Stephen Caudill