[thelist] fusebox in ASP

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Mon Feb 3 10:33:00 CST 2003

Okay, reading back over this I think I should clarify a bit. When you create
your actions, you point them to files which are Server.Executed behind the
scenes. Server.Execute prevents the URL from changing (unlike what
Response.Redirect *should* do, though it often doesn't), so you control the
interface.

Going back to the two products and their actions:

>http://www.mycompany.com/products/?action=view&product=HairyWidget
>http://www.mycompany.com/products/?action=download&product=FuzzyWidget

You might decide to have two scripts, "view.asp" and "download.asp", both
residing in the "/products" folder. Then "view.asp" takes a single
querystring parameter, "product", and displays the appropriate product info.
The "download.asp" script does the same, but it presents the user with a
download link.

Then if you want to change the files the action points to, all you have to
do is change the list of actions in your module, rather than changing every
page that points to it.

Make sense?

HTH,
-dave