[thelist] Problems with FTP transfers borking out...

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Feb 3 10:59:03 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris George" <codemonkey00 at mac.com>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 11:44 AM

> Hey all,
>
> I've been having problems lately FTPing to our web server...

> Any thoughts?

Just one...

Is it possible that the firewall may be interrupting the traffic?  I know
that some FTP servers dynamically establish a high port connection for
transfer of files.  If this is the case with your server and the firewall is
blocking all high ports (defined as 1024 and higher), then you may be seeing
the effects of the blockage.

Which FTP server did you say you were using?  IIS or some 3rd party FTP
server?

-joshua