[thelist] <tr> height

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Tue Feb 4 12:53:04 CST 2003

On Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:45 PM, Ken Kogler wrote:

>> Move the closing </td> in the Gradient bar row to the end of the img
>> line, i.e,:
>
> Fixed it in IE6, but not Netscape 6.2.3.
>
> Thanks for the first half, though! :)
>
> This is maddening... Sometimes the most basic stuff can hold up a
> whole project. Oy.

Ken, don't know if you tried this or not, but one of my table
troubleshooting tools is to change the zero border on the outer table to 1
and then preview the page. Sometimes when you see which cell contains the
extra space, you can then zoom in on the probelm. In your case, I did this
and saw that all the extra space (in IE 6) was in the gradient bar row. It
may be that NN is rendering the extra space elsewhere.

Yes, these quirks are maddening... which is why I am trying my best to get
away from layouts that depend on such things as tables & image slices. Of
course, sometimes you have to give the client what they want...

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net