[thelist] onClick="open problem

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:13:01 CST 2003

> On Behalf Of Kelly Hallman
> > What drives me nuts is that I can't even call the html file with a
> > direct link. Here it is:
> > http://www.nanas-closet.com/cgi-bin/store/html/images/1014.html
>
> As you suspected earlier, I think the problem may be in the fact that
> you're trying to call an HTML file that is in a script directory.
>
> It's highly likely that this directory is forcing a script handler.

What's confusing me about that is that there are html files in the
/cgi-bin/store/html directory that are successfully being served.
Why would this /images directory *not* serve html files?

> As for your javascript, you should probably use
> onclick="window.open(...); return false;"
>
> instead of
> onclick="open(...)"

OK - I changed the line to: (on one line)
target="view" onClick="window.open('%%userFieldTwo%%', 'view',
'width=420,top=50,left=50,scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes'); return
false;">%%image%%</a>

No change. I still get a 500 error. Drat, I really want to have
these html pages in that directory. If I move this html file
to /(root) it pulls the html page, but the image is broken. Since
the image is also in /cgi-bin/store/html/images/1014-f.jpg,
and the scripts can call it from there, why can't a  browser also
access it? This just confuses me.

Thanks for your thought. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Hugh