[thelist] Submitting articles to a CMS via e-mail?

gabriel rivera evolt at protocol0.com
Wed Feb 5 23:55:02 CST 2003

Sure, its doable...whether its practical or not depends on your situation.

I'm not aware of any existing solutions except some libraries that parse
MBOX mailboxes.  Then you can pull the messages out of the mailbox, and
publish the content.  Everything can be sorted with smtp message ids,
subject heading, etc.

php

http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=150

Perl

http://search.cpan.org/author/KJOHNSON/MailFolder-0.07/Mail/Folder/Mbox.pm

Pop client libraries would also be a good place to start if you can't run
php or perl scripts on the mail server.