[thelist] server no longer asking for credentials

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Feb 6 16:15:01 CST 2003

Paul Cowan <mailto:evolt at funkwit.com> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > i have a private directory on one of my websites and for the life
> > of me i cannot figure out why for some users the server will ask for
> > credentials and others it will not. specifically, it will not ask
> > for credentials when *i* try to access this specific directory
> > while it
> > *will* ask for other users.
>
> Does the directory (or site) have Integrated Windows Authentication
> turned on as an authentication method? This has been known to cause
> grief and confusion when it's turned on when it shouldn't be.

yes it does. well, at least, the directory had it on when i checked just
a few seconds ago. so i turned it off. and guess what? it still doesn't
work.

hmm... there is only one "secure" directory on the site, so maybe i
can/should turn off IWA if it is turned on at the site level. i will
give it a try.

chris.