[thelist] site check: development.duo.be/sunparks/nl/

Peter Duchateau peter at duo.be
Fri Feb 7 08:16:47 CST 2003

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your reaction.

> I like the look & feel; even the photos on the "Uw vakantiepark"
> page work well with your basic color scheme.  On the other hand,
> the "Online Boeken" and "Last Minutes" boxes look like some kind
> of out-of-place advertisements.  Their colors clash with the rest
> of the site.

The client wants them to really stand out.
He read the book "The big red fez - How to make any web site better" by
Seth Godin
which says that every page should only have one primary objective
(Godin calls that the banana).
As the designer you should then make that 'banana' very obivious.

> I like the shape of the nav buttons at the left, but when I mouse-
> over, they disappear for a whole second or so before reappearing
> with the reversed color scheme.

I change the background image with a :hover.
Would it help if I preload the reversed image with a javascript preload
in the body onload?

> Interesting mix of languages, (or is "Refer a friend" Dutch for
> "All your base are belong to us"?)  ;-)

I'm actually only responsible for the coding of the page,
not for the design. I will let the designer know. I had noticed it
myself.

>> none of the links work .

They didn't at first, but now some of them do :-)

> Actually, several of the links do work, but you could fix that...

Thanks again for your feedback.