[thelist] Styles not showing up. Am I missing something?

Gijs van Tulder evolt at gmx.net
Fri Feb 7 16:19:01 CST 2003

Stephen,

> From: Stephen Caudill
>
> I am on Win2k; IE 5 and  6 (haven't tested 5.5) display like I
> expect, Opera 6 and 7, Netscape from 4.79 to 7, Phoenix 0.5 and
> Mozilla 1.1 all lose the styles.  If someone could take a look
> and see if I'm just missing something, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

It may sound weird, but it works if you just remove the XHTML-doctype. If
you use no or a HTML 4.0 document type, it displays without problems in
Mozilla 1.2. I had some similar problems when I changed my doctype to XHTML.
Even IE 6 gave strange results when I changed the doctype, while everything
else was the same. I then switched back to the HTML 4.0 doctype, and
everything worked again.

Maybe someone knows what's the cause of this strange behaviour.

HTH,

Gijs