[thelist] Photoshop Filters/Image Conversion

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Feb 7 19:12:01 CST 2003

Atul Paul <mailto:atul79 at rogers.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I am trying to convert a normal picture to something like this.
> http://www.free2go.com.au/images/join/aboutfree2go/scream.jpg
>
> Is there a plugin or a filter (or a combination of filters) in Adobe
> (or in any other software) that can accomplish this?
> I tried using the default plugins in Photoshop but it doesn't quite
> have the same effect.
>
> I am using Adobe Photoshop 7. Please advise.

<sarcasm>
yes, there is a filter called "magic". it's hard to find, but keep
looking at you'll find it. eventually.
</sarcasm>

sorry. it's friday and i'm pretty anxious to get out of here so i
thought i'd have a little fun at someone else's expense. too bad it had
to be you. ;)

<serious>
the truth is that that looks like a vector drawing. so either someone
drew it by hand in illustrator or used photoshop's drawing tool or they
traced a regular photo and filled it in with color.
</serious>

chris.