[thelist] Question about designing templates

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 8 02:20:01 CST 2003

> Probably a silly question, but I'm tired and just don't want
> to think at the moment :-)

Not at all, nearly all designers probably make this transition and
move over to templating or template engines. I'm not sure what
you mean by the "general elements" required for a client. You
would just fill up the actual page with dummy text or a fake
company name and logo (and save the orignal pdf for customization).

In short, have you heard of or seen smarty? http://smarty.php.net/
It'll save you lots of time in the future and some projects
are starting to use smarty as their templating engines so you can
integrate your template right away (Tiki Wiki for example).

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]