[thelist] border colour and Netscape 7

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Sun Feb 9 13:40:01 CST 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 10:53:33 +0700, Bird wrote:
> I have a table that needs a green border colour.
> In IE the border displays correctly.
> In Netscape 7 the border displays but the colour is not there when set
> to one pixel. It looks like a faint grey colour.
>
> Is this not possible using bordercolor="AFBA65"

CSS is the correct tool for the job, so you shouldn't be using
bordercolor as an attribute. However "AFBA64" is not a colour,
it is a string of characters that browsers generally try to
match to a known system colour. IE (in its usual "hide the author's
errors" style of rendering will treat AFBA64 as #AFBA64.

Colours defined as hexidecimal RGB values must be prefixed with a "#"

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
"You cannot rewrite history, not one line."