[thelist] Remember Me Option -Cookies

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Mon Feb 10 19:50:01 CST 2003

Mark Joslyn wrote:

>I am trying to add a "Remember Me" option for username and password. I
>understand it is cookie-based, but I cannot find an example anywhere. Anyone
>know where I can find a good example or tutorial on how to write this code -
>maybe you have something lying around...???

the online php manual is *great* for learning new functions.
Try:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setcookie.php
*note* below the official function explanation are a whole bunch of user
submitted comments. These can contain extremely helpful information such
as code snippets, function pitfalls / quirks and general instruction on
implementing the functions.
enjoy :)

--
Paul Bennett