[thelist] addressbook table design [sql]

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 10 21:38:00 CST 2003

I am trying to come up with a table design for an address book.
Databases haven't been my strong point so I ask here for advice.
I am trying to design a simple address book, and am ending up
with a lot of fields in just two tables. Is there a better way
to go about it and are there any fields I might be missing
(efficiency, normalization, easy of writing queries)? I
will be searching the databases by first or last names
and probably by affiliation (e.g. if they went to the same
highschool). Here are the two tables:

Persons:	ID,
		Fname,
		Lname.