[thelist] asp/vbscript blogging app.

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Tue Feb 11 08:28:00 CST 2003

>Given that Moveable Type is Perl-based, it generally runs more naturally on
>a Unix environment (though I imagine it can be made to work under Cygwin or
>Windows Perl). Notably, though, Movable Type does not REQUIRE MySQL - it
was
>originally written for Berkeley DB (Perl module DB_File), and was only
>recently ported to work with MySQL as well (the upcoming 2.6 release is
>planned to work with PostgreSQL and SQLite).

Also, search their support forum for 'windows' and you should find one or
two sets of instructions for installing on Windows. I know at least the one
I saw used Apache 2.0 for Windows, but it mentioned others that were written
for IIS.

-dave